Competition Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions govern all competitions that Beanstalk may run from time to time.
The closing date for each competition will be published alongside the competition announcement. Entries received after the closing date / time specified will not be accepted. The winner will be announced within 7 working days of the competition closing date unless otherwise specified.
- These Competition terms and conditions shall be binding on you ("you") when you enter this competition
- Any specific rules, entry instructions and any other specific details relating to the particular Competition or the Competition prize or gift (“Prizes”) published on this website or in any media which features the Competition (e.g. the Beanstalk Facebook page) together with these Competition terms and conditions form the Competition terms ("Terms"). Entry and participation in any Competition shall be deemed an unconditional acceptance by you of these Terms.
ELIGIBILITY TO ENTER COMPETITIONS
- You must be a resident of South Africa to enter the Competition. Employees freelancers and contractors of Beanstalk, their families, press, agencies or any persons directly or indirectly connected with a particular Competition are not eligible to enter such Competition. Beanstalk reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
- In the event of more than one eligible person entering the competition, winners will be selected via a random draw using random.org.
- Unless otherwise stated, only one entry per person will be permitted, and multiple entries will be void and the entrant(s) disqualified.
- Proof of eligibility to enter must be provided to Beanstalk on request.
- You must enter any Competition using your legal name. Beanstalk reserves the right to disqualify anyone entering a competition using a false name. By entering a Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete.
CLAIMS TO THE PRIZE
- In order to enable Beanstalk to correctly identify genuine claims and to eliminate non-genuine, deceitful or fraudulent claims, evidence of Competition entry will be obtained directly from the beanstalk.co.za database for the checking of such a claim. In addition, Beanstalk reserves the right to request proof of identity, age and address in the form of your ID book, passport or driving licence, and proof of your address in the form of a utility bill. Beanstalk may also carry out an interview in order to validate such a claim. Interviews may be by telephone or in person with you and may be recorded.
- If Beanstalk becomes aware of any fraud, deceit, misconduct or similar action during or in relation to a Competition which relates in any way to a claim, then that claim will not be met unless it is proven to the satisfaction of Beanstalk, that you had no actual or imputed knowledge of such fraud or deceit or similar action. For the avoidance of doubt (and without limitation), if you provide an incorrect name, age, address or other incorrect information in relation to the entry, then Beanstalk reserves the absolute right to treat that entry as invalid (whether or not such information comes to light before or after you have made the claim). If the fraud, deceit, misconduct or other action is only discovered after the Prize has been released, you undertake to return the same (or provide compensation) to Beanstalk forthwith upon notification by Beanstalk.
- Failure to claim a Prize in the time or manner specified for the relevant Competition will make any claim invalid.
- Winners of the Prize will be notified within 7 working days of the competition closing date. Prizes must be claimed within 28 days of notification.
- The Prize is non-transferable and may not be given, assigned or sold to another person. The Prize cannot be exchanged for cash or other alternatives.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances or circumstances outside Beanstalk's reasonable control, Beanstalk reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal value. No cash will be offered.
- In the event of there being more claims than Prizes available, the name of the valid claimants will go into a draw for the Prize.
DISQUALIFICATION OF ENTRIES AND CANCELLATION OF THE COMPETITION
- You acknowledge that the interests and good reputation of Beanstalk are paramount and Beanstalk may, at its reasonable discretion, withdraw a place or require you to cease to have any involvement in the Competition if it believes it is in the best interests of Beanstalk to do so.
- Beanstalk reserves the right to immediately withdraw your place on the Competition or the Prize if it believes you to be in breach of any of your obligations, or representations and warranties, under the Terms or if you otherwise conduct yourself in a manner which is inappropriate or unsuitable (as determined in the reasonable discretion of Beanstalk).
- Beanstalk shall be entitled, in its reasonable discretion, to cancel (and/or recommence) a Competition with immediate effect by online announcement without any liability in respect thereof.
- The Competition may also be declared void should a typing or production error in connection with the competition appear on Beanstalk's media channels.
- Winners must as a condition of the Prize participate in all publicity required by Beanstalk and/or third parties connected with the Competition.
- You acknowledge and agree that Beanstalk may publish the winner(s) names on any and all media, and where a photograph is required for entry into a competition, all photographs may be used unencumbered by license costs or copyright by Beanstalk.
- Unless otherwise stated, Competition entries will not be returned to you.
- The entrant to the Competition is the individual submitting an entry to it.
- For the avoidance of doubt, all rights in the name and title of the Competition and the format rights for the Competition will vest exclusively in Beanstalk for its own use (in its absolute discretion).
- You will comply with the instructions and directions of Beanstalk or Beanstalk's representatives. Failure to do so may lead to immediate disqualification or withdrawal of the Prize, at Beanstalk's direction.
- You agree you will not by any act or omission do anything, which might bring Beanstalk into disrepute. You represent and warrant that you do not have any criminal convictions or criminal record and have not undertaken any past act or conduct which could adversely affect the reputation of the Competition or Beanstalk. You also warrant that you do not currently, and have not in the past, worked for any other toy or game company or organisation in South Africa.
- Late entries (i.e. entries received after the relevant advertised closing date for the Competition) will not be accepted.
- Beanstalk reserves the right, in its reasonable discretion, to add to, amend, or waive any Terms on reasonable notice, including but not limited to extending or reducing the duration of a Competition.
- You undertake the Competition and the taking of any Prize at your own risk.
- There is no fee payable to you in respect of your involvement in the Competition.
- As this is an on-line Competition, you acknowledge that the internet is not a secure medium and information submitted to competitions hosted on websites owned or controlled by Beanstalk may be accessed by third parties. Beanstalk accepts no liability for loss resulting from your entry to an online Competition.
- These Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of South Africa and you and we submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of South Africa.
- No variation of these Terms is effective unless approved by an authorised representative of Beanstalk in writing.
- The Terms represent the entire agreement between you and Beanstalk relating to the Competition or the Prize (unless otherwise expressly confirmed in writing by Beanstalk) and supersede all prior representations, agreements, negotiations or understandings (whether oral or in writing). Except as specifically set out herein, all conditions, warranties and representations expressed or implied by law are excluded. The invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability of the whole or any part of these Terms or any specific terms for a Competition published on this website or in any media featuring the Competition does not affect or impair the continuation in force of the remainder of the Terms.
- These Terms are not intended to nor shall create any rights, entitlements, claims or benefits enforceable by any person that is not a party to them. Accordingly no person shall derive any benefit or have any right, entitlement or claim in relation to this Agreement.
- If any provision of the Terms are held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part that part shall be severed from other terms and conditions and the validity of the other provisions of the Terms and the remainder of the provision in question shall not be affected.